To take responsibility for the timely planning of routes and scheduling delivery times to ensure the customer receives first class service in the most efficient and cost-effective manner for the company. Ensure fleet resource is used to full capability, deal with daily delivery fluctuations seeking help and advice where necessary from line manager.
Maximise driver output by ensuring drivers are fully aware of workload requirements, and via progress checking drivers through the day.
- Work with internal and external customers, departments and other depots to plan routes, schedule delivery times to ensure the smooth running of the operation, and ensure vehicles are utilized in the most efficient manner. Plan ahead as required.
- Prioritise workload, plan drivers’ workloads, and ensure driver brief and debriefs are carried out without exception by yourself or delegated to nominated individuals.
- Develop strong organizational skills to compile a robust traffic plan.
- Proactively work to reduce late deliveries and missed time slots.
- Ability to work flexibly and to make decisions quickly.
- Excellent communication skills, dealing with personnel at all levels. Flag up issues to line management in good time, suggest solutions to issues/problems.
- Maintain traffic management system (TMS) to ensure all details entered are accurate and completed in full.
- Possess an awareness of transport regulations, take responsibility to adhere to Operation compliance levels, with regards driver tachograph and vehicle servicing requirements.
- Good geographical knowledge.
- Promote and encourage health and safety adherence, and mindful of environmental impact.
- Source agency drivers in adherence to company policy, ensure agency drivers are fully inducted before engaging on to work.
- Provide support to colleagues and management as appropriate.
- Creation of management informant and reports.
- To ensure that ALL Swain assets are fully in service and MOT before being released for collections / deliveries.
Logical Thinking - The ability to weigh up information and requests logically in order to draw clear conclusions, then assess and evaluate courses of action.
Work Standards - Strive to continually improve standard and quality of your work, and others around you.
Responsibility - Be willing to accept responsibility and ownership of your individual job requirements, play your part in assisting the company in its wider goals and targets. Adopt a “can do” attitude and approach.
Transport Compliance - Up to date legal and compliance knowledge.
Initiative - Have the will, ability and determination to fully utilize the scope of your authority, discussing with other colleagues and your line manager as required.
Innovation - The ability to learn new ways of doing things.
Self & Time Management - The ability to organize your own workload, prioritise as required.
Teamwork and Co Operation - Work and cooperate with others in pursuit of common goals.
Customer Focus - Focus on, and understand customer requirements, and provide best quality service consistently.
Financial Awareness - Recognise the need to maximise revenue and reduce costs. Strive to meet revenue targets, proactively seek areas to reduce cost.
Communication - Must be an accurate and effective communicator, verbally and in writing.
- Completion of tasks in good time and to the required standard.
- Zero customer complaints.
- Positive financial results.
- Facilitate safe working practice.
- Successful working relationship with colleagues, departments, other depots and line management.
- Effective and positive communication with direct reports, colleagues and management.
- Gaining respect of colleagues by displaying good levels of competence.
- Legal compliance
The above is neither exhaustive or exclusive and will be reviewed at times in line with changing business requirements.
Please email completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.orgDownload Application (pdf)