An exciting opportunity is available to join the Swain Group in the role of Transport Planner, based at our site in Astley, Manchester
Reporting to the Transport Manager the role’s duties, responsibilities and skills & experience include;
- You should be proficient in Word and Excel (essential)
- You should have a proven capability to communicate clearly, especially with our customer base, drivers and other Swain sites.
- You should have the ability to work under minimum supervision
- CPC would be desirable
- Good geographical knowledge of the UK
- Working knowledge of EU Drivers Hours regulations and Working Time Directive.
- Previous experience within a Transport / Logistics organisation
- Ensure housekeeping (empty legs, trailer numbers, solo movements) is kept at highest quality to enable efficient reporting of empty running compared to revenue.
- Review and improve vehicle profitability
- Check resource availability for drivers and vehicles for each day
- To ensure the daily plan is completed in real time managing resources effectively; maximising utilisation whilst minimising cost
- Ensure company guidelines, quality, Health & Safety and service are maintained
- Effective Customer Service Skills
- Financial understanding
- Build relationships with specific customers assigned
Hours of work
- Monday – Friday 07.00 – 17.00 or 09.00 – 19.00 (including 1 hour lunch break), 1 Saturday morning in 3 is also required 07.00 – 12.00
Salary – circa £26,500 (Dependant on Experience)
The successful candidate will be able to work on their own initiative, with the willingness to resolve complex issues. They should be able to comfortably organise their own workload and will be able to work in a pressurised environment to meet key deadlines. Strong verbal and written communications are essential requisites.Download Application (pdf)