We are seeking an experienced Transport Planner to join our general and logistics transport team at the Rochester depot. The business is currently going through a significant period of growth and we are seeking to bring on board new staff who we can develop and promote within our business across the UK. These are exciting times for someone looking to be a part of an expanding Company offering career opportunities.
Reporting to the Transport Manager, the purpose of the role is to ensure that all of the allocated work is planned in line with current legislation and company procedures whilst delivering an outstanding service to our customer base.
The main duties of the role will include:
- Planning customer loads and assign suitable equipment as required
- Planning and manage loads to agreed KPI’S and service levels
- Ensuring planned work is achievable with road transport directive and EU drivers rules & regulations
- Liaising with customers and depots to ensure all targets and deliveries are met and to ensure that the scheduling of work is accurate and up to date on traffic management system
- Ensuring that vehicle management, including liaison with fleet workshop wheel security, and monitoring of vehicle gross weights is undertaken and compliant
- Ensuring that all administrative tasks associated with the operation are completed to the required standard
- Dealing with daily operational problems
Applicants will ideally have a minimum of 2 years previous experience of load scheduling, preferably but not limited to a general haulage environment. Experience of vehicle scheduling systems is also important as is being fully IT Literate. A Transport Manager’s CPC would be an advantage but is not essential.
Candidates will be expected to discuss their experience in respect of the above criteria at Interview.Download Application (pdf)