The Swain Group is proud of its family ownership and ethos. It has many staff from Directors to warehouseman who have only worked for the Swain Group.
We welcome speculative enquiries by e mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember to include a full C.V. and ensure you tell us the type of position you are interested in and which of our sites you wish to work from. Alternatively please complete the below Application Form and return it to via post or email.
Rochester - Transport Clerk
We are seeking a Transport Clerk to join our general and logistics transport team at the Rochester depot.
The main duties of the role will include:
- Supporting the Transport Load Planners in the day to day operation
- Liaising with customers and drivers regarding deliveries.
- Inputting information onto the Traffic System.
- General admin and data input.
The successful candidate must have strong IT skills and will ideally have previous experience gained within the haulage industry, including use of traffic management systems.
Hours of work are approximately 45 - 50 hours per week, Monday to Friday and every 3rd Saturday morning.
This is a challenging role offering good terms and conditions for an ambitious individual.
Rochester - Transport Planner
We are seeking an experienced Transport Planner to join our general and logistics transport team at the Rochester depot. The business is currently going through a significant period of growth and we are seeking to bring on board new staff who we can develop and promote within our business across the UK. These are exciting times for someone looking to be a part of an expanding Company offering career opportunities.
Reporting to the Transport Manager, the purpose of the role is to ensure that all of the allocated work is planned in line with current legislation and company procedures whilst delivering an outstanding service to our customer base.
The main duties of the role will include:
- Planning customer loads and assign suitable equipment as required
- Planning and manage loads to agreed KPI’S and service levels
- Ensuring planned work is achievable with road transport directive and EU drivers rules & regulations
- Liaising with customers and depots to ensure all targets and deliveries are met and to ensure that the scheduling of work is accurate and up to date on traffic management system
- Ensuring that vehicle management, including liaison with fleet workshop wheel security, and monitoring of vehicle gross weights is undertaken and compliant
- Ensuring that all administrative tasks associated with the operation are completed to the required standard
- Dealing with daily operational problems
Applicants will ideally have a minimum of 2 years previous experience of load scheduling, preferably but not limited to a general haulage environment. Experience of vehicle scheduling systems is also important as is being fully IT Literate. A Transport Manager’s CPC would be an advantage but is not essential.
Candidates will be expected to discuss their experience in respect of the above criteria at Interview.
Part Time - 30 hours per week
For this exciting and rewarding role, the ideal candidate will be proactive and have solid HR admin experience. General administration experience would be considered if an HR qualification was being studied/completed. This is a fast paced environment so the ability to multi-task and prioritise is essential.
You will provide admin support for recruitment, training, data entry duties and upkeep of all HR changes to the database, as well as dealing with internal customers in a confident and professional manner. Key responsibilities include: -
- Posting job adverts and tracking applications.
- Arranging interviews and assessment days.
- Issuing offer packs and ensuring the documentation is returned in a timely manner.
- Conducting pre-employment reference checks.
- Co-ordinating the delivery of the Company induction training program for new starters.
- Ordering and issuing uniforms.
- Creating and maintaining employee files.
- Processing payroll notifications.
- Recording sickness absence .
- Producing monthly HR reports.
- Providing ad-hoc administrative support to the Group HR Manager as required.
Rochester - Class 1 & 2 Drivers
We are currently recruiting LGV Class 1 and 2 drivers to be based at our Rochester depot for day work or long distance work. Applicants will ideally have had experience of general haulage, although training will be given to the right candidates.
Applicants must hold the relevant licence for the class of vehicle they are applying for, working Monday to Friday and to be available every second or third weekend (mainly Saturdays). Minimum earnings start at £480 per week, however potential earnings can be higher including night out payments per week.
Good terms and conditions are offered, including 20 days paid holiday plus bank holidays and Death in Service benefit.
Job Type: Full-time
Required licences or certifications:
ADR LGV2 Driver
We are currently recruiting a multi drop ADR / LGV2 driver to be based at our Rochester depot as a spare driver covering holidays, sickness, training and also as a cover driver for our Greenwich operation delivering chemicals including small bulk pump overs.
Minimum earnings are £581 per week gross based on a 50 Hours per week contract. £30,215 per annum.
06:00 / 07:00 start Monday to Friday (06:00 Greenwich, 07:00 Rochester). Home every night and no weekend work.
Drivers will need to be punctual and fit with a good attitude to customer service. The driver must have ADR in packages and experience is desirable but not essential. An absolute requirement will be a methodical and exact approach consistent with working in a culture that puts Health and Safety above any other priority.