The Swain Group offers extensive experience and capability for any type of specialised or abnormal load movement, between our Hatfield based sister company, Hallett Silbermann and Swain liveried operations.
Experienced personnel and the correct equipment are available to deal with any request, both national or international.
- Expertise: Route surveys, Highway Agency Special Orders, police notifications, appointed persons (cranes), abnormal load in house escorts. All drivers CSCS and CPCS trained in loading and /securing of plant
- Abnormal loads: 40m long, 7.5m wide and up to 100t weight
- Equipment: Platform semi-low loaders, ramped plant trailers and low loaders all extendable. Please click HERE for details
- Self-Loading Vehicles: Moffett fork trucks on flats or curtains on rigids and artic trailers. Hiab Cranes on 7.5 tonne to 44 tonners. Various capabilities up to 100 tonne metres. Fully qualified and experienced operators
- Experience: Click on our photo page to see some of the loads we have moved. Recent projects include the Olympic Park bridges, the A46 improvement bridges and Reading Railway Station bridges
- Sat-track: All vehicles are sat-tracked
- Safety Technology: Most vehicles have safety features to include proximity sensors and camera systems that match or exceed Crossrail and FORS requirements
- Hazardous Loads: ADR equipped vehicles and trained drivers to include packages and tanks